Sunday, September 27, 2009

Regularity

My lifelong transition from my parents' child to regular person advanced rapidly yesterday when I attended a dinner theater to see Phantom of the Opera. The food resembled coach-class airplane food from the 70s. One person in the cast was really good; everyone else was serviceable. My son was disappointed there was no chandelier. Is the main character supposed to have been injured by a chandelier? In this version he had a birth defect.

There are several dinner theaters around Denver, and this one was pretty packed. Has the theater industry found a recession-proof format?

1 comment:

  1. Not being as well traveled as you at such a tender young age, I'm trying to recall what 70s coach class airline food was like...I'm thinking Swanson TV dinners as a comparison, and remembering that I loved them...

    ReplyDelete